Children 3 years of age through 5th grade are invited to attend Sunday School during our second worship service from 10:30 -11:30 am. Children join their families in the worship service, listen to the children's message, and then head to Sunday School!
How it works
At GLC, we believe that even our youngest attendees can live out our mission to grow in faith, build relationships, and serve others.
Our Sunday school program mirrors our worship experience through song, milestones, hearing the Bible story, offering, and prayer.
After the children’s message, all ages participate in Glory Gathering and then head to their grade-level classes led by background-checked adult volunteers. Each week we explore the same story that the congregation hears during worship. We do this through a variety of age-appropriate activities including crafts, service projects, conversations, and games. The goal is for families to walk with the weekly story over the course of their week together.
Each year, we select an organization to support through financial giving and prayer. The students select where their offering goes and we watch as the giving grows. This year’s offering supports God’s global barnyard through ELCA Good Gifts goodgifts.elca.org/goods-global-barnyard
- We ask that parents and or caregivers complete a GLC Sunday School registration form.
- The information collected from the form is to help plan for their participation in supplies and snacks.
GLC’s Sunday School program year runs from September-May, but students can begin Sunday school anytime during the program year!
Children are invited into worship with their families at 10:30 am, hear the children’s message, and then head to their Sunday school classes. Children should be picked up from their grade-level classroom upon the conclusion of 10:30 am service.
- First Day of Sunday School program year: September 17th, 2023
- Last Day of Sunday School program year: May 19, 2024
- During the summer we host a couple of camp days during the Sunday School hour. Lots of fun, laughter, and energy shared with games and songs. Check the calendar for scheduled camp days!
- Children are checked in for Sunday School when they arrive for church at 10:30am. This allows us to have an accurate list of children in the building for their safety.
- Please stop at the desk in the narthex to have your child check in and to receive a name tag.
Our mission calls us to open ourselves to receive all of God’s gifts and then open ourselves again to release those gifts to the world.
The Sunday school program is only possible by volunteers sharing their gifts of time and love with the children of Geneva Lutheran. If you are called to share your time, please contact Michelle and we will work to find role that fits your skills and availability.
GLC Sunday school volunteers
For more information about our Sunday School program contact:
Coordinator of Children and Family Ministries
Children’s message during worship service
Glory Gathering to sing praise songs and bring offerings forward that bless others
Pre-K parachute activity “Keep God above all things!”