Mission Partner Focus
Geneva Lutheran is increasing its mission impact and sharing Christ’s light by engaging community organizations! In 2021, we gave $75,000 to organizations that offer healing and encouragement, making the Tri-Cities such a special place to live and serve. We are designating 2% of our budget each year to continue to multiply the impact of our generous congregation and will also serve by sending volunteers to work alongside these groups. Check back often for updates on the organizations we are serving and how we continue to impact our community.
Geneva Lutheran Church partnered with Lazarus House (a ministry serving people experiencing homelessness with emergency housing, meals and many other resources) by donating $1,000 to help organize their clothes closet and $10,000 to use in the area of highest need.
How you can join the mission:
ST. ANDREW LUTHERAN CHURCH
- Volunteer to help with Friday morning food packing. Contact: Pastor Wende West
- Check their website for volunteer opportunities and more ways to support their mission.
LUTHERAN OUTDOOR MINISTRIES CENTER
- Check out LOMC.org for volunteer opportunities and more ways to support their mission.
TRICITY FAMILY SERVICES
- Visit tricityfamilyservices.org to check out volunteer opportunities and more ways to support their mission.
PARENT’S DAY OUT
- Contact Kim McKenna for volunteer opportunities!
HABITAT OF HUMANITY OF NORTHERN FOX VALLEY / POTTAWATOMIE PARTNERSHIP
Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to giving families the opportunity to improve their future through home ownership. They have a dedicated staff who manage efforts, build homes for our families, work tirelessly with thousands of volunteers and qualify partner families.
This year, the GLC Benevolence Committee wrote a check to Habitat for Humanity and the Pottawatomie Partnership for $8000 which will be used towards the purchase of a lot for a future home.
- Visit habitatnfv.org to check out volunteer opportunities and more ways to support their mission.