Sunday School Class, 1903
About Our History
In 1853, a group of 40 Swedish immigrants founded Geneva Lutheran Church. More than a century and a half later, our assembly has grown and evolved seeding new congregations throughout the Fox Valley. We’ve been here through civil and world wars and two pandemics. God’s testimony of love and hope continues to be heard. Welcoming to all, members of Geneva Lutheran continue to worship, learn about, and serve our Lord, sharing His love from the heart of our town, to the world beyond.
On the Corner of Third and Franklin
Our current Third Street building was finished December 1956. We have remained on the corner of Third and Franklin for more than 60 years now. In 1968, we added our Bell Tower, and then in 1984, we added a pipe organ, nursery, classroom space, and fellowship hall. Our building was updated in 1992 to become handicap accessible and remains so to this day. In 2003, Geneva Lutheran Church observed its sesquicentennial, celebrating 150 years of serving Christ in the heart of the Geneva community.
Geneva Lutheran Church, located in the heart of Geneva
110th Anniversary Celebration at Geneva High School Gym, 1963
Church Picnic, late 1960’s
Children Singing in worship, 1983
Vacation Bible School, 1991
Building addition groundbreaking, 1993
High School Pancake Breakfast, 2000