Lutheran World Relief
Baby Care Kits
We’ll be collecting needed items from March 6-May 1 (see below); look for drop off bins in the Narthex. Help assemble kits at the Congregational Cookout on Sunday, May 22 @ 11:30 am.
Monetary donations for cloth diapers and shipping costs will be appreciated, too! Make checks payable to GLC, note ‘baby care kits’ in memo line.
For more information please contact Julie Slifka.
- Lightweight cotton t-shirts (no Onesies, no snaps)
- Long- or short-sleeved gowns or sleepers, no feet
- One jacket, sweater or sweatshirt w/ a hood or include a baby cap
- Hand towel, dark color
- Bath-size bars of gentle soap (e.g. Dove); no travel, mini or hotel size bars
- Diaper pins
All items must be new in original packaging or with tags attached.
SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES:
• A variety of sizes between 6 and 24 months for each clothing item are needed.
• Gowns, rompers or top/pants sets can be substituted for sleepers.
• No items with any religious symbols, messages or GLC’s name.
• No items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
Please follow these guidelines carefully as even one item that appears suspect to local officials where the kits are sent can jeopardize the status of an entire shipment.
Two blankets (specific sizes) are also needed for each care kit. If you are interested in making one, please contact:
· Carol Wurtz (knit or crochet blankets), firstname.lastname@example.org
· Judy Richter (flannel blankets), email@example.com